Wednesday, January 07, 2009

ODE To The Mosquito - Marco Becomes The Mosquito

I never knew I could write ODEs.In the first place,I didn't know what's an ODE.Until 21st December 2008.I was told to go out to nature and find something to write about.

Was stung by a mosquito.I decided to write about the mosquito...

ODE To The Mosquito


You are small,yet impactful.

It takes just one bite from you,

To make me scratch all day.

You are persistent.

Your persistence cause you to live your life on the edge.

It takes only one accurate slap to kill you.

Yet you still risk to live.


After this,I was told to replace everything with I instead of you.However,it didn't really make much sense to me.So I edited the whole thing.In certain ways,I was just like the mosquito.Marco The Mosquito?Seemed pathetic.But the situation I was in was really like being a mosquito.Here goes my edited ode...

ODE To Marco

I am quiet,yet impactful.

It takes just one action from me,

To get you thinking all day.

I am persistent.

My persistence causes me to put my heart on the edge.

It takes only one specific outcome to kill my heart.

Yet I still risk to love.

Finally,I have graduated from Leadership Program.It was a big big relief for me.After being a mosquito for more than 3 months,it's time to be me.Back to being myself.No more being a wimp and being a YESMAN.

I watched YESMAN yesterday.It really spoke to me.I was like Jim Carrey in the show.Kept saying yes,because I have to,not because I want to.When you are alone,facing a number of people trying to influence you,it's not easy to say no.

Had a nice dinner with Christopher last night,we discussed about YESMAN.True,that show was so much like what we went through in Leadership Program.He was in a worse position than me.But now,I'm really happy that I have my own life back.I can be me again.The happy,confident and free person that I have always been.

No more bondage.No more "musts".It's all by choice now.No more being the pathetic mosquito anymore.Risking to love?Hahahaha,no pain no gain.Life's a gamble isn't it?Oh well,just go all out and see what happens.

Marco The Mosquito has became Marco The Eagle.Fly high,be free with style.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home