Friday, September 28, 2007

Surviving In A Herd Where There Is Condemnation

I just came back from my in-camp training.It was an exhausting experience.Not because training was tough...training was far from tough.As a cyberwarrior,my role is to assist the commanders is playing war simulation games.

Why am I exhausted?

I'm exhausted from the negative energy from the people there.Of course,to say everyone is like that is very unfair.There are a handful of nice people there,especially the full time staff and 3 new friends that I made there.

What is today's topic about?

In short,it's about how you survive in a negative enviroment.If you are like me,you probably understand what I mean.When you are surrounded by negative people,your positive attitude will somehow be affected by them.

There are a few types of negative enviroments.One is where people like to complain.Two is where people like to gossip,backstab and comdemn others.

If you know me well,you probably know that I hate backstabbers and people who are fake.Now,how can you survive when you are surrounded by these people?

I think there is ONE CRUCIAL THING you must possess...that is MENTAL TOUGHNESS.

Why mental toughness?

When you have mental toughness,you will not be affected by the backstabbing and the gossip.You will just take them as a bunch of fools who have nothing better to do.

Whenever you are different,the herd will keep "pressuring you" to be like them.When you are not like them,they "condemn you".Question is,can you be condemned?Or rather,will you be affected by their condemnation?

It is human nature to have the desire to be accepted by people.But it is insane to have the desire to be accepted by a bunch of losers.Why would you want to seek approval from a bunch of losers?

In order to seek approval from them,you "try" to be like them?

You?A loser?

Think about it...

You know what?My advice is to stand your ground.Be who you are.Let the losers say whatever they want.You may feel uncomfortable.But that's ok.You are human after all.That is where mental toughness comes in.Can you survive condemnation?

I realised a few things about losers...Losers love to gossip about those who are different from them.They love to see people getting into trouble.They love to poke their noses into affairs that don't even concern them.They condemn others so that they feel superior.

I hope you are not one of them.

Hey,thank God.I only go for in-camp once per year.Only get to see the losers once per year.Luckily not everyday.

The next tip for survival is to pretend to like them and try to mix around with them.That's really tough for me.I'm a straightforward person.I hate acting.If you can do that,I really salute you.Because I can't.

By pretending to be like them,they will accept you and not condemn you.Because you are like one of them.

There is one guy whom I salute.Salute meaning I salute him for his ability to act blur.But I look down upon him.He's just a loser in other aspects.But he's a winner in acting.He can pretend till you don't know what he is up to.

He looks very dignified and gentle.But probe deeper and observe longer,you will be able to see his true colors.Initially I was taken in by his innocence,but after a while,I can see the fox's tail sticking out.

He's smart.There's actually a lot to learn from him.He keeps a low profile and will never reveal much about himself.He'll make you talk while he listens.When you ask him questions,he will keep evading them.

So if you want to survive,be like him.

There's another guy,who is pretty straightforward and sincere.There's only one setback.He gives the impression that he is a slacker.After observing him for some time,I realised that he's a lousy worker.But makes a very good friend.

He is sincere and direct.Doesn't pretend and condemn like the other losers.But he's the target of the herd.He is always getting condemned and they always make sarcastic remarks about him.

Yes,this brings me to the next point.You got to learn to be sarcastic.This is to defend yourself.Once losers know that you are more sarcastic than them,they won't try to be funny with you.

So how to be sarcastic?OK,before I go on,please use the following information to defend yourself only.Don't use it the wrong way,please.Never use it as an offense.

In order to be sarcastic,you mind has to work fast.You have to know how to respond to your opponent.You have to be cool and calm.When the attack comes,do not get angry.I repeat,never never get angry.

Keep you mind cool and calm,then start thinking of how to respond.Be like the politicians.They are very good with this.They think before they speak.Similarly,you should do the same.If you have nothing to say,do say anything.

Wait for the chance to strike.Wait for them to fall before you whack them.

If you have a good memory,try to remember one or two incidents where they screwed up and use the incidents as ammunition to fire back.Usually,these losers will try to catch you screwing up and make comments about you.

Once you have enough ammunition,you can hit back.Find out their moments of embarrasment and hit them hard with it.After hitting them,smile and tell them you are just joking.Tell them don't take it too hard.

After a while,they won't dare to try their nonsense on you.Trust me,it works.

But you really must strike at the right time.Don't strike for the sake of striking.Never allow anger to blur your thinking.Never.When you screw them,screw them back HARD.

Before I end,I would like to leave you with this...

"Treat your allies and friends super-well,and crush your enemies!"

If you have given them a chance and they still want to harm you,crush them!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home