Saturday, June 23, 2007

How To Get The Most Out Of Everyday...Maximizing Your 24 Hours

Yes,you are thinking the right way.24 hours is really not enough for me.Today you will discover how you can maximise your 24 hours.That is assuming you are as busy as me.If you have lots of time to waste,then this is not for you.

I will share with you a few tips on how to maximise your output each day.Whatever that you read here is tested by me.I am using these tips myself.Don't worry,I practice what I preach.

The first tip is to have a plan.Before your day starts,you must have a plan on what you are aiming to achieve.Set realistic goals.Make sure that you are able to fulfill what you write down.Best way to do this is to use an organiser.

Write down all your appointments,and whatever you need to do for each day.

Secondly,have deadlines for everything you do.When you have deadlines,you won't idle.You won't procastinate.Set yourself a deadline.Even for simple tasks like cleaning your room or washing your car.

If you have problems remembering,write them down in your organiser.

Now,you are probably wondering...what if there are sudden disruptions?And what if I can't finish what I need to finish?What would I do?

Relax...relax...Let me share with you what I do.

For me,it depends on how long the disruption is.If the disruption takes up a lot of time,then I will try to multi-task.Bring out the work I need to do or books I need to read.There are times when you need to queue or wait for long periods of time.

These are the minutes you can save by reading a few pages of the book you intend to finish.Or write a few sentences on whatever copy you are working on.

If you really cannot finish,then you need to work later into the night.Or if you are really tired,then go ahead and sleep.But work doubly hard the next day.That's what I always do.But don't keep putting things off.

Because if you do,work will keep pilling up and you end up being overwhelmed.

Third,prioritize.Know what is really important and what is not so important.Many people fail to prioritize correctly.And they end up wasting a lot of time.You must be able to separate the important and the less important.

Fourth,know when to say "NO".Now,speaking from experience...there are many times when certain people keep asking me for my time.I don't mind spending time with people who add value to my life.I don't mind spending time on those who need my help either.Neither do I mind spending time mentoring those who need me.

But I do mind a lot when people call me up to whine and complain.To make matters worse,they like to repeat the same complain over and over again.It really gets on my nerves.So the best thing to do when you encounter people like that,is to say "NO".

Say it politely "I'm sorry,I'm busy now.Let's talk another day.".If they ask you out,reject them.Unless you really have to much time to waste.If you are like me,you don't have time to listen to whiners and complainers.

Let them stay mediocre.Let them complain.But don't let them affect you.You have better things to do.

Fifth,maximising time whenever you can.It can be when you are waiting for someone,waiting for a bus or travelling on a bus.You maybe surprised,these little minutes add up to many hours that you can save per day.

I always have a few books ready for me to read.You seldom see me without a book.And I don't get pissed off when people turn up late for their appointments with me.I simply find a corner and read.

Sometimes I thank them for being late.Because it gives me a chance to finish what I set out to read.

Sixth,concentration.Always concentrate on what you are doing.Don't allow anything to mess up with you schedule.Phone calls,SMSes,MSN messages and etc.Either turn all of these off or ignore them.There's a time for phone calls and messages.But when it's time to work,work all the way!

Some other things that will affect your concentration are your family members.If you are staying with your parents,you probably know what I mean.They don't understand that you are busy.When they call you and you don't answer immediately,they get angry.

Sometimes when you are deep in thought,they come and call you.If it's important,it's ok.But if it's something unimportant...well,you know how annoying it can get.But they don't understand it.In order to solve this problem,get out of the house and find a library to do your work.

Next,things like E-mail and web browsers should be closed.You will get diverted from your work because of an interesting E-mail or some advertisements.Don't allow anything or anyone to mess up with your schedule.

There is a time and place for everything.Of course I'm not advocating that you be a selfish person and ignore everybody.But know when to do the right thing is very important.

Remember...you only have 24 hours per day.No more,no less.Once they are gone,they won't come back.Live wisely.God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home