Monday, April 09, 2007

The Shocking Truth Behind Sad Love Songs Part 1

What you are about to discover...is the shocking truth behind sad love songs.

You will hear a true story of how a seemingly innocent sad love song created a sad reality for me in love.In part 2,you will be able to see the lyrics of the song(it's a chinese song,but don't worry,I translated the lyrics into english) and view the MTV as well.

I'm sure there are times when you feel down when you relationship life is not working out the way you want it to.Sometimes you are interested in someone,but this person is not interested in you.Well,that's not so bad.You didn't have chance anyway.

But what about this...you are interested in someone,and this person is also interested in you.But somehow it's fate that separated you.How would you feel?

Well,it happended to me in 2003.But now I finally knew the truth behind this.I claim responsiblity for it.Because I attracted it.How did I attract it?Read on...

In December 2002,I went to Hong Kong with my family.Heard from many friends that Jeff Chang's new song is nice.It was the theme song of the Korean Serial Drama "Winter Sonata".

My aunt kept raving about it.My ex-girlfriend kept raving about it.But back then I was still in army,and didn't have time to watch it.They kept telling me about the theme song.My curiosity was aroused.

When I was in Hong Kong,I came across one of Jeff Chang's Best Compliation Album.There were many nice songs that I used to sing during my school days.And of course,the theme song of Winter Sonata was in it.

I decided to buy it and listen to the theme song and see if it's really that nice.
I opened up the CD immediately after reaching the hotel and listen to the theme song.

Oh my God...it was heavenly.It made me calm down when I was nervous.I got "addicted" to that song,I would keep listening to it daily.I was determined to learn it by heart,so that I could show off to my ex-girlfriend during our KTV sessions.

I made it a point to listen to this song at least once everyday.Until I mastered the whole song.Including how Jeff Chang sang it.The pauses,the dragging and etc.I made pretty good progress.The only setback was that I wasn't able to sing like Jeff Chang because his voice was very high.

Without myself knowing it,I was programming my sub-conscious mind in a very negative way.I didn't understand why...my relationship with my ex seemed to be going downhill.In November,we had some disagreements and she told me what she was unhappy about.

I did everything to change for the better.At that point I realised that I loved her deeply.Because I was afraid of losing her.I went to the extent of sending flowers to her as a surprise and came up with a love poem for her.(Honestly,I think it's a stupid poem,but women just love these kinda things.)

And I tried to give way to her most of the time,to make up for the wrong I did early on.But NOTHING seemed to work.As the days went by,our relationship went downhill all the way.

One day,we met at Esplanade(her favourite place) after work.I was feeling sick that day.Had a terrible headache and felt like going home early to rest.I wasn't able to walk properly that day.I told her that I wasn't feeling well.

Guess what?

She told me to go home by myself,she wanted to stay longer.I was shocked.I thought she would accompany me back because I wasn't able to walk properly.Didn't expect her to be so merciless.

I was quite hurt.I felt that I didn't do any wrong,why did she do this to me.I decided that if she fell sick,I wouldn't bother too.

End of March 2003...

During my physiotherapy one morning,she smsed me,saying that she was sick.I told her to see a doctor and that's it.I resisted the urge to sms and ask how she was.She should have a taste of her own medicine.

Few days passed.No sms from her either.

5th April 2003 came...I went to my superior's house to fix his computer.Suddenly an sms came.It was her...

"Who do you take me as?I'm sick and yet you never bother to find out how I am.I don't care,I want to break up."

WAH!I thought I must have went overboard.Things seem to be pretty serious.I tried my best to tell her about my unhappiness as well.She didn't accept what I said.End up we broke up.

Felt pretty sad the next few weeks.Didn't know what to do.Hoped that she would change her mind.But she didn't.

May came.It was her birthday.She invited me to her 21st Birthday Party at Pasir Ris charlet.But I felt really terrible.Throughout the whole party,she was neglecting me.I felt really unwelcome.Decided to go to the arcade for a round of King Of Fighters to make me feel better.

But it didn't make me feel better.

I made up my mind that night.Once I give up on her,I will NEVER turn back.I had to let go and life goes on.I can't let my life waste away because of her.

UP TILL THEN,I STILL DIDN'T KNOW THE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OF THAT SONG.

In fact,just after the breakup,I listen to that song more frequently.Because I felt that song was describing me.

THE ACTUAL FACT WAS:I CREATED AND ATTRACTED ALL OF THAT.

For a few months,I felt I needed a break from relationships.Didn't want to get hurt.I told my friend about my ex and he comforted me "There are so many fishes in the sea,why give up the whole sea because of one lousy fish?"

He was right.After all she was a lousy fish.She wasn't exactly what I was looking for anyway.I should find someone better.

September came...my friend told me that he has been "fishing" girls from IRC.He gave me a few phone numbers and told me to try.I asked him how to go about doing it.I was at a loss.

Never called any girl that I didn't know before.He gave me a solution...

He smsed me a cute message and told me to sms all of them that message.See who replies.Then after that pretend to know them and make it some kind of mistaken identity.And slowly talk to them from there.

Sounded easy.I decided to give it a try.After all I was a bit tired of being single.
He gave me 3 numbers.

17th September 2003,about 8pm...I was in camp because I was on duty.After locking all the offices and clearing up all the work,I had nothing to do.Saw a piece of crumpled paper on my table,wondered what it was.

Oh,it was the 3 numbers that my friend gave me.I took out my handphone and started to forward the cute sms to them.My heart was beating fast...would they reply?I wondered...

1 minute passed...no reply.

5 minutes passed...finally...

A reply.Out of 3,only 1 replied.Well,better than nothing right?

"Who are you?"

"I'm Marco.We met in IRC last night remember?You are Rachel right?"

"No,I'm not.You got the wrong person."

"Oh I'm sorry.It's a case of mistaken identity.Since it's such a coincidence that we met this way,care to be friends?"

"No,not interested."

"OK then."

Damn,I was stuck.I didn't know what to do next.Went to sleep afterwards.The next day I needed to get my off pass for going to Physio.I was already planning where to go after booking out.

Perhaps I should go to Yishun to watch "Turn Left,Turn Right".I loved that movie.

I had a great dinner,enjoyed the movie and took the last train home.As the train moved,an idea suddenly struck me...I could make that gal talk to me and make her like me through sms.Hahahaha...I laughed at myself for being a genius...

"Hi there,I'm sorry to bother you,but can you help me?"

"What is it about?I told you I'm not interested in making friends."

"Yes,but I need your opinion on something.Will you be willing to help me?"

"OK,what do you want?"

"You are a girl right?I need your opinion on a girl's behaviour.Please advise me what to do."

"OK,shoot."

So I told her about my ex,what I did and everything...

"Let me tell you,she's just making use of you.My advice:dump her before it's too late."

"OK,thanks for the advice.I know what to do now.I really appreciate it."

"You are welcome.Tell you the truth,I was once like the girl you mentioned.I used to make use of guys."

"Oh I see.But now you have changed right?"

"Yes,I realised what I did was wrong.You must never let that girl make use of you."

"I understand.Thanks for advising me and warning me."

"No problem.If you need any advice,can always ask me."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I succeeded.I managed to make her want to talk to me.At the same time I indirectly promoted myself to be a nice guy.(Although I really am a nice guy,but gals don't know.So need to advertise.)

Next day,she started to sms me.She said she was on long sick leave and needed someone to talk to.I wasn't able to concentrate on my work.Spend all my time smsing her.

Later I found out that she was 21 and her birthday was also in September.Oh,a Virgo Gal and a Virgo Guy.Good match.But she was a 14.Number 5 can be domineering and hot tempered.But definitely pretty.

I was excited.As time went by,we realised that we had a lot in common.I slowly started to fall for her.

THEN...

The bomb came.One day,she told me that she already had a fiancee and she was going to get married in October.

DAMN IT!WHY MUST THIS HAPPEND TO ME?

OK,fine.I will NOT fall for her.Just ask her to intro her friends to me.I'll tackle her friends and that's it.Better to get out of this quickly before more damage is done.

But I still enjoyed the conversations thru sms.We continued like this,until one day I asked her to intro her friends to me.

"No,I won't intro my friends to you."

"Why not?You already have a fiancee."

"I just said no.And don't ask me why."

"Hahaha there must be a reason right?"

"I don't want to tell you ok?"

"Up to you then.I don't care anyway."

"Okok,I'll say it.I have feelings for you.I'm starting to fall for you already and I'll get jealous if I intro my friends to you."

Wah,she's falling for me.I did well man!!BUT...there won't be a good ending.I know it already.I'm the 3rd party.But how to resist her?

I didn't know what to say.I didn't want to fall for her.But since she has fallen for me,what should I do????

"Tell you what,before I find you a girl,I'll be your temporary dear first.When your one comes then I'll leave you."

Hmm...I was thinking hard.What should I do?Should I accept it?Since I like her and she likes me.No harm right?

WRONG!!You'll know why...

"OK then,you be my dear first."

That was the beginning of the end.

Every night we'll chat on the phone.11pm we'll start.From the time I reach the camp gate till I reach my bunk,we'll chat.And my phone bills sky-rocketed.This went on for 3 weeks.

Until one day...

"Dear,I think we got to stop this.I feel bad cheating my fiancee."

"If you are happy,I'm willing to let go."

"Trust me,I'll find you a good girl.I have this friend,she's better looking than me.She'll be perfect for you.You are a nice guy and she's a nice girl."

"No.I love you and only you.I can't just fall for someone like that."

"Please dear,this is the best way out for the both of us.I have been a 3rd party before.I know how you feel.We can only blame fate.If only we had met earlier,I would definitely be with you."

"Damn it,it's fate again.Why is fate so cruel to me?What have I done wrong?This is like the Jeff Chang song."

"Please dear,give yourself and my friend a chance.You'll never know.Who knows,you might fall for her."

"Well,I'll just meet her up and see how.Promise me something.Promise me that you'll be happy.Don't worry or feel sad because of me ok?"

"I'm touched.We have only known each other for 3 weeks and yet you are so nice to me.If only my fiancee was like you."

"If you change your mind,I'm still here.If not,be happy,I'll be happy."

We met up a second time on the 11th October.She brought her friend along this time.Her friend was ok looking,but looked rather cunning.I didn't like her at first look.

We had buffet lunch at East Point.There was this korean BBQ restaurant which was quite nice.The conversation went on normally.Then she left the table and made her friend talk to be in private.

I dismissed her friend.Told her friend to join her.I wanted to be alone.

When she came back,she started to talk to me harshly.Telling me all about my flaws.Deep down inside,I understood that she did it to make me feel better.Because that was our very last meeting.

After lunch,I went down to Starhub to get a new phone line.She and I parted at Orchard Point.She had to go to work at Cuppage Plaza.As I watch her go,my heart was crying...but I knew that this won't work out.

I wish her all the best in her marriage.

So was that a sad story?I feel sad writing it.But what I want to say is that what happended was due to me feeding my mind with too much negativity.Even after my breakup with my ex in April,I was still listening to that song.

And that best part was I didn't know what caused all these sadness.After 4 years then I realised this.Probably if I knew this earlier,I might not have broken up with my ex.

My dear friend...don't follow in my footsteps.Whatever song or movie or book you read has an impact in your life.Don't allow negativity become your reality.If you go through the lyrics below,you'll realise that the song was in a way about me.

But the answer is...I created this reality myself.I programmed my mind to attract all those things into my life.

You have a choice.You have a choice in your daily mental diet.Choose only positive things.If you know that a song is negative,have the discipline to stop listening to it.

I think Jordan Chan,Eason Chan and Joey Yung sing a lot of sad love songs.Do go through the lyrics first.DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.YOU DON'T WANT ALL THESE THAT HAPPENDED TO ME TO HAPPEN TO YOU.

Alright,I have to get back to business.Hope this post really enlightened you.God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home