Monday, November 27, 2006

Attention:Brothers & Sisters In Christ!Are Your Blessings Being Robbed By The Devil?

Good morning.It's a wonderful November morning.Today I would like to touch on the blessings of God.Actually came across some sermons by Pastor Joseph Prince,it's a series called "Good Things Happen To Those Who Believes That God Loves Them".

I received some revelations from theese sermons that actually set me free from bondage.Have been planning to share these insights with you,but I was busy with work.Until this morning,I felt a stirring in my spirit.By the time you finish reading this post,you should be free.

Question:Are you righteous?

My answer was no.I have done so many wrongs.Even after I became a Christian,I've done some wrongs too.Like not being forgiving and not loving those I dislike.Not loving my enemies.

You may be in my position,you feel that you are not righteous because of many things you have done in the past.Or certain things that you have done after being a Christian.

WE ARE ALL WRONG!Once we are saved we are righteous.All your sins,past present and future have been paid for by our Lord Jesus Christ.He got comdemned so that we can become righteous.He paid the price for all our sins.

If we don't believe that we are made righteous,He suffered for us in vain.It's like someone who helped you pay your debts and you refuse to believe that you debts have been paid.

Now that you know you are righteous,let's look at Proverbs 10:24(NIV)...

What the wicked dreads will overtake him;WHAT THE RIGHTEOUS DESIRE WILL BE GRANTED.

I don't know about you,but sometimes I get fearful asking God for my desires.I used to have this belief that if I pray for others,God will usually grant my request.But when I pray for myself,He won't grant my desire,because I'm not righteous.

That's a WRONG BELIEF!Because of this wrong belief,my blessings have been robbed by the devil.How about you?If you have that belief,it's time to let yourself free.

You are righteous.Your desires WILL BE GRANTED.Yes,you are FREE now.

My second point is about trusting God for our blessings.Especially in the area of finding a life partner.Now,I praise God that He has chosen a wonderful life partner for me.I'm glad that I trusted Him.

But before I knew about trusting God,I was very afraid of commiting my plans into the hands of God.Why?Because I was afraid that He was not give me what I want.For example in the area of finding a life partner,I've looked at a number of Christian couples.

Some of the wives don't look that fantastic.Or rather they are not my type.Hey I was being pretty stupid right?That's why God rebuked me,He told me this "Everyone is beautiful in someone's eyes".Yeah,that's very true.

I was very afraid that He would choose someone that's not to my liking in terms of looks.Maybe very good character,but no good looks.Now,that's nonsense.God can give you everything!You can have both looks and character.Don't believe in what you see around you.

Always remember this,you are in this world,but not of this world.

Now,let me share an interesting story from the Bible that will shine more light on this matter...

In Genesis,Abraham asked his servant to look for a wife for his son Issac.He went to well where the maidens of the town would go to draw water in the evening.This servant prayed "O Lord God of my master Abraham,please give me success this day,and show kindness to my master Abraham."(Genesis 24:12).

The phase "give me success" is actually one word,quarah in Hebrew,which means "right happening".In other words,the servant is praying "God,give me right happening today!"

The servant's prayer continues in Genesis 24:13-14...

13"Behold,here I stand by the well of water,and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out to draw water.14 Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say,'Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,'and she says,'Drink,and I will also give your camels a drink' - let her be the one you have appointed for Your Servant Issac.And by this I will know that you have shown kindess to my master."

By asking God for a woman who would give him a drink as well as his camels a drink,the servant was asking God for a woman who would go the extra mile.

Genesis 24:15-16 continues...

15 And it happended,before he had finished speaking,that behold,Rebekah,who was born to Bethuel,son of Milcah,the wife of Nahor,Abraham's brother,came out with her pitcher on her shoulder.16 Now the young woman who was very beautiful to behold,a virgin;no man had known her.And she went down to the well,filled her pitcher and came up.

Now,I used to think this way...if I prayed in this way,God will give me some ugly girl.Ugly but very nice character.I was really fearful about it.But this story proved me wrong.

The servant only asked "a right happening".And you can see,God overdelivers.He didn't specify that the girl must be "chio bu"(meaning pretty girl in hokkien).As you can see,God can put you at the right place and right time,if you allow Him to.If you ask and believe in Him.

Later on,the Bible tells us that Issac loved Rebekah.(Genesis 24:67).God knew beforehand that they would be good for each other.

In summary,a few points to note...

1.God always overdelivers.He will always give us more that what we ask for.

2.He sees further than us.If you allow Him to choose for you,you'll have the BEST CHOICE.

3.Be it your business,career or marriage,He can position you in the right time and right place.

PRAISE THE LORD!

Hope you are blessed by this revelation.Praise God for revealing this to me through Pastor Joseph Prince.So don't worry if you are single and looking for a life partner.Allow God to find the right one for you.

Alright,till the next time,be mightily blessed and prosperous.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

hehe wat a delightful story. yeah man rebecca is a chio bu. it is also used in many girls, those whose names are rebecca are usually chio bus keke....

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home