Monday, July 24, 2006

Which Are The 3 Influences That Makes You STAY BROKE In Life?Part 2

Before I begin,I apologise for my late post.You were supposed to hear from me last night..........but I didn't sleep the night before doing business stuff.I fell asleep while waiting for my mum to finish using the computer.

You'll hear from where I left off..............

The 2nd influence is..................


MODELLING


What did you see when you were young?

What were your parents and guardians like in the arena of money when you were growing up?
Did one or both of them manage their money well or did they mismanage it?
Were they spenders or savers?
Were they shrewd investors or were they non-investors?
Were they risk-takers or conservative?

Whatever you see from young,creates what you are today.As you know the saying "Monkey see,monkey do."

There's this story about a woman who prepares a ham for dinner by cutting off both ends.Her bewildered husband asks why she cut off the ends.She replies,"That's how my mum cooked it."Well,it just so happended that her mum was coming for dinner tonight.So they asked her why she cut off the ends of the ham.Mom replies,"That's how my mum cooked it."

So they decided to call grandma on the phone and ask why she cut off the ends of the ham.Her answer?"Because my pan was too small!"

The point is that generally speaking,we tend to be identical to one or a combination of our parents in the arena of money.

Here's a story about another participant from the seminar.............

This elderly went up to the stage sobbing............the author asked him what was wrong.He said "I'm 63 years old and I've been reading books and going to seminars since they were invented.I've seen every speaker and tried everything they taught.I've tried stocks,real estate,and been in over a dozen different businesses.I went back to University and got an MBA.I've got more knowledge than 10 average men,yet I never made it financially.I'd always get a good start but end up empty-handed,and in all those years I never knew why.I thought I must just be plain old stupid.......until today.

"Finally,after listening to you and doing the processes,it all makes sense.There's nothing wrong with me.I just had my dad's money blueprint stuck in my head and that's been my nemesis.My dad went through the heart of the Depression era.Everyday he would try getting jobs or selling things and come home empty-handed.I wish I would have understood modelling and money patterns forty years ago.What a waste of time,all that learning and knowledge has been."He began to cry even harder.

The author replied,"No way is your knowledge a waste of time!It has just been latent,waiting in a 'mind' bank,waiting for the opportunity to come out.Now that you have formulated a 'success blueprint',everything that you have learnt will become usable and you will skyrocket to success."

And indeed,he has accumulated more wealth in the last 18 months than in the past 18 years combined.

This phase should sound very familiar to you."Save for a rainy day."So should you save for a rainy day?

NO,absolutely not.If you save for a rainy day,you will get rainy days!

But don't get me wrong.You should still save.Instead of saving for a rainy day,focus on saving for a JOYOUS DAY or save for your FINANCIAL FREEDOM!

It was mentioned earlier that you either model your parents' behaviour over money or you become the exact opposite.Why would that happend?Does anger and rebellion ring a bell?In short,it depends on how pissed off you are towards them.

When our buttons are pushed,we freak out and what comes out sounds like "I hate you.I'll never be like you.When I grow up,I'm gonna be rich.Then I'll get whatever I want whether you like it or not."

Hey,that sounds so much like me.Did you make that comment before?Sometimes you get so pissed off that you wish there and then you were rich,just to opposite your parents or relatives who run you down.Ever had that happening?

What is your motivitation for becoming rich and successful?This is important...........because if you want to "prove" people wrong or just to rebel...............you'll find out what will happen by reading on..............

Many people who come from poor families become angry and rebellious about it.They either go out and get rich or at least have the motivation to do so.Whether such people get rich or work their bums off trying to become successful,they are usually not happy.Why?

Because their root of motivation for money is anger and resentment.Consequently,money and anger become linked in their minds,and the more money such individuals have or strive for,the angrier they get.

Eventually,the higher self says,"I'm tired of being angry and stressed out.I just want to be peaceful and happy."So they ask the same mind that created the link what to do about this situation.To which their mind answers,"If you want to get rid of your anger,you're going to have to get rid of your money."So they do.They get rid of their money subconsciously.

The result is overspending,wrong investment decisions.In short,they lose all their money.If they don't get rid of the anger,this cycle will keep repeating.They will never be happy no matter how much money they have or don't have.

If your motivation for acquiring money or success comes from a nonsupportive root such as fear,anger,or the need to "prove" yourself,your money will never bring you happiness.

Let's touch a little bit on fear.Do you sometimes have these thoughts in your mind?

"What if I lose what I have made?" or "Everyone's going to want what I have." or "I'm going to get creamed in taxes."

All these thoughts are stopping you from making good money and living happily.How can you get out of this cycle?Simple.............

By unlinking your money motivation from anger,fear,and the need to prove yourself,you can install new links for earning your money through purpose,contribution and joy.That way,you'll never have to get rid of your money to be happy.

OK,it's time for exercises again................

AWARENESS:Consider the ways of being and habits your parents had about money and wealth.Write down how you may be identical or opposite to either of them.

UNDERSTANDING:Write down the effect this modelling has on your life.

DISASSOCIATION:Can you see this way of being is only what you learnt and isn't you?Can you see you have a choice in the present moment to be different?

DECLARATION:Place your hand over your heart and say...

"What I modelled around money was their way.I choose my way."

Touch your head and say...

"I have a millionaire's mind!"

We have come to an end for today's part.Stay tuned for part 3.I'm not feeling well today,go to go and eat dinner now and rest.Besides,I have plenty to do for my business.Have fun with changing your blueprint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home