Sunday, July 09, 2006

What Is Emotional Freedom?Are You Emotionally Free?

Welcome again to my personal post.Today you won't be hearing from any renowned author,only from me.It's a personal post.If you are going through a tough period,this post is for you.

I have been thinking of what to write today............an idea came to mind because of what happended to me..............the urge became stronger when I read Christopher's blog.

My poor friend is really going through a tough period.Blow after blow after blow came to him.The main reason why you are reading about this topic is that I want to use this post to encourage Christopher,hoping that he will become stronger to fight the battles ahead.

First of all,let's look at what is emotional freedom..........do you know what is it?

This is my personal definition,it may be different from your definition.I personally define emotional freedom as being detached from things.Being detached from outcomes of issues,from insults,from the desire to control and dictate others and whatever that can cause you emotional turbulence.

Humans are programmed to be emotionally bondaged.Whether you like it or not..............it's due to your brought up.What teachers taught you when you went to school and how your parents reacted towards your certain behaviours.

You are programmed to want to gain praise and get away from insults.You are programmed to want to win,to be the best.All these are to satisfy your ego.But when you dig deeper,you'll find that it's futile.

Let's look at an example........If you are quarreling with someone,your natural reaction is to want to win the arguement,so that you feel good about it.But at the end of the day,if you win,what did you achieve?Nothing actually.You don't get to live longer,neither do you get paid more(unless you are a lawyer).In fact,the only gain is you gained another enemy and you gained more drainage of your energy.

You agree?

That is just one aspect of being emotionally bondaged.You are being too attached to the incident.It affects you and blocks your energy for accomplishing other more important stuff.Does this sound familiar?"I got no mood to do it.........."

This happends to many people.They get upset with others for playing them out,not honouring their word,for undeserved insults and you name it...........

There are many unhappy people in this world.Why?

Because they choose to be unhappy.Why?

Because they are trying to feed their ego.......which is always "hungry".

So question now is how to you detach from the situation?

Let's be very clear here.I'm referring to small incidents like quarrels and insults and being sabotaged.These are the small things that are causing people emotional turbulence and it's not worth it.

My favourite quote:"Stop trying to gain approval from losers/fools whose opinions don't matter."

Now,get this clear in your mind,you can't possibly please everyone that comes into your life.There are bound to be someone who doesn't agree with your points of view,working style,lifestyle etc.............

Are you going to please them just because of their comments?

This reminds me of a story about a Farmer,His Son and Their Donkey...............

Once upon a time,this farmer wanted to sell a donkey at the city.He brought his son along and travelled a long way to the city.

Initially,both of them rode the donkey(it's the natural thing to do).On the way,they passed by a young lady,who commented that it was very cruel of them to both ride on the donkey.

Upon hearing that,the farmer disembarked and let his son ride,while he walked alongside..........After a while,they passed by an old man,who commented that the son is very unfilal,he should let his father ride while he walk alongside.

The farmer told his son to get off and rode on the donkey..................this time,they passed by an old lady,who said that the son should ride on the donkey because he was still young.The farmer got down and the both of them walked alongside with the donkey.

When almost reaching the city,they passed by a young man,who said that they were fools not to ride the donkey.

So what would you do?

You see,many people are like the farmer,who is trying to please everybody.The question is,what good does it do to you?

This incident happended to Christopher,Benedict and myself.We had friends who would jeer at us when they knew we were aiming for high goals.I cut off contact with each and everyone of them.I don't know about Christopher and Ben.You got to ask them............

They are nice people,maybe they won't do it.For me I am tired of hearing negative comments from losers.I don't tolerate this kind of nonsense.

My question to you is who are you living for?If you please them by not aiming high,are they going to gain?Or rather are you going to gain?

Answer is everyone loses.They lose because they are losers.Losers always stick with losers.Make a quality decision to choose your friends wisely TODAY!

Ok,let's talk about being emotionally free from outcomes of situations.Sometimes you may find that things are happening well,then suddenly something comes along and cocks up everything.........

Ever had that happended to you?Want to know why?Don't get shocked ok???

YOU ARE THE CULPRIT!!Yes,you are the one who caused all that.

Not only you,but I am also guilty of sabotaging myself.........This happends because we accept what circumstances throw to us.............

Let's look at an example...............this is a LIVE example...........it happended to me many years ago...........

As you know,I used to play IRC to tackle girls.And there were many happenings.............now when I first started out,I made a lot of mistakes and had to learn from my failures.

However,that is a very "humanly" way of looking at this thing.In a spiritual way,I could have prevented all those "bad encounters" from happening...............how?

Simple.Just don't accept the circumstances and believe for the best.

I failed the first few times,was played out by some bitches............so I had this concept in mind.........it is very difficult for me to tackle a girl successfully.I accepted that it was difficult.

And it became a vicious cycle.The more I thought it was difficult,the more difficult it became.........

Whenever I make an appointment to meet up with any of the girls,there's always this fear that they will not turn up.Even if they turn up,I would fear that I am not good looking enough.And all this beliefs and fears caused my failure back then.

You see,when you fear,you start to "appear" desparate.And women can tell that easily.Once she knows and "labels" you as a despo.You are in trouble.She will come and climb over your head.You will find yourself doing a lot of things to please her...........at your own expense.......but achieving nothing at all in the end.

Trust me on this.............I've been there,done that.

Let's look at the other side of the coin...............if you detach yourself from the outcome,what will happend.............

When you detach yourself from the fears mentioned above,you don't give a damn whether they find you good-looking or not.Neither do you care if they turn up or not.If they don't,you are ok with it.It's their loss anyway.You start appearing cool and calm.

It gives you charisma and doesn't give you any emotional turbulence,which sometimes can affect you from a few days to a week.You'll keep wondering............are you really that pathetic?

Emotional turbulence kills.Especially jealousy.The most foolish thing to do is to feel jealous of other people's successes,pretty wives,gfs and etc.........when you do that,you are repelling that which you want.So never let jealousy get in your mind.

I was once jealous of people who are attached.What was the result?I was stubbornly single for 3 years...............until I let go of that jealousy.This is just one way of applying this concept.It applies to money,wealth,cars and other things as well.

Remember:Jealousy repels that which you want.

Let me just share with you a tip on meeting girls from IRC............what are the things to look out for...............so that you won't get cheated or played out.

Before that,I'll be releasing an E-book in the near future on this topic.Stay tuned.If you place your order early,you can get some bonuses.

OK,first thing to do is to make sure you are really talking to a girl.Make her call you on the phone and chat.Then you will know that it's not a guy impersonating.

Next,don't immediately ask for a date.Get to know her more first.If you can,make her yearn for you.I'll show you how to do this in my E-book.

Once she yearns for you,she'll try to ask you out.Try to make her ask you out.If you ask her out,you are at the mercy of her if she plays you out.It shows that you are desparate too.Unless you are confirmed that she is interested in you.

When meeting up,always set the appointment at a place convienent for you.So that if you get stood up,you can still save time doing things that you need to do.Secondly,this also takes off the pressure of "What if she don't come,what will I do?".

First meeting,never give treats.Go dutch always.Don't be a provider,be a lover.Then keep evaluating her.Give her the impression that if she doesn't impress you,she won't be considered.Be daring enough to state your real opinions.Don't be wimpy.

Also be on the lookout if she's out to get money from you,to suck you dry.Only pay her if she's a prostitude.Where your return on investment is certain.I've come across many bitches who try to give you false hope and suck your wallet dry!

Last but not least,don't be fearful of what she thinks about you.Always have the mindset that she's expandable.Unless she is your girlfriend.If not,always leave options open.Don't allow her to hold a rein over you emotionally.

OK,time for an application of emotionally freedom.This concerns money,it may be difficult for you to release,if you are in the situation.

This happended today.As mentioned in my last post,the Pharoah agreed to sponsor my trip to Penang this week.Today he changed his mind...............

I admit that I was partly at fault,though I did my best.Usually Sunday mornings we need to go to his clinic to help out.Sometimes we woke up late,went there and got grilled.This morning I made it a point to wake up early,but sad to say,no everyone was ready............

We reached there late and as usual got codemning looks from all of them,in particular the Pharoah.Well,I don't blame him because if I was in his position,I would be freaking mad too.So that was how I lost my sponsorship..................

Now to the main point of the story.............If it was a few years ago,I would have panicked.......because I was "losing" money.I would be very fearful about it.............and it would affect me the whole day................

Guess what happended today??The Pharoah purposely called up my cousin Richard in front of me,to ask him if he had changed enough Hong Kong Dollars.What is he trying to prove???

Make me jealous?I would...........if it was a few years ago.But now.........................?

Felt like telling him to go fly a kite.It is OK if he doesn't sponsor me.I could borrow the money from my mum first.After all I know that after the workshop,I'll be able to make the money back and return her.

AND ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING:"The Lord is my Shepherd,I shall NOT WANT."

Remember this verse when you are in a tight situation.God is always there to provide.God is your provider,not humans.Bear this in mind!

Hahahaha despite the Pharoah's efforts to irritate me and cause emotional turbulence,I'm still smiling away.Because I know God loves me.He will provide for me.

Speaking of the more "difficult to release" turbulences,they are probably lost of a loved one,you know that your friend is going through a shitty period but you are at a loss how to help him,or losing things which you really treasure.

The place that we should aim for is complete emotional freedom.No matter what happends,you are still able to get through it.

It is possible..............but whether you want to train yourself to do it.

My advice,start small.............start to detach yourself from opinions of losers first,then detach yourself from the need to win in arguements.Bit by bit.............as your thinking matures,you'll be able to see things which the majority of people don't see...............

You'll start having the wisdom to "see through" this world.It is a journey............but if you decide to move........you will somehow reach the destination.

One final thought before I go.........................

Victor or victim?It's your choice..........

You are a victim because you choose to be one.Similiarly,you are a victor because you chose to be one.It's all in your own hands.No one can affect you or run you down,if you don't give them the permission to.

Last but not least,Praise God for giving me the inspiration to write this post.You are not hearing from me,but from God himself.I believe God knows that someone else,not only Christopher needs this message.Thank you for reading.See you tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home