Thursday, June 29, 2006

What Lesson Did I Learn Today????And Other Interesting Stuff......

Want to know what lesson I learnt today?It's interesting to note..............FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE...............I'm irritated with people using VULGAR WORDS............Especially hokkien ones like KNN,CB and etc............

Today is the day that I feel like slapping myself in the face.Why?Because I am also guilty of using hokkien vulgar words.I didn't know how irritating it sounded until today...........

Whenever I am in a bad mood,I always use vulgar words like KNN,CB,HK and etc.........and my parents have been complaining about it.To me at that time it was OK.I was in a bad mood,so it was OK to use vulgar words to vent my anger.And the more they commented,the more I used.(I'm very stubborn at times)Anyway,I didn't scold anyone,I was just cursing and swearing,no one loses a hair after all.........

But today,I acutally felt the impact of the vulgar words.After buying my train ticket to Kluang for tomorrow,I walked to the bus stop to wait for bus 80 to go home.While waiting,there was this man on the phone.Every sentence he spoke seemed to contain a hokkien vulgar word.Either it's KNN or CB.He spoke very loudly and it really got on my nerves.

I was seriously pissed.There was only 2 of us at the bus stop,but I wished for the bus to come quickly.Damn it,he boarded the bus with me.OK,thank God,I was sitting in the upper deck and he sat in the lower deck.So I was spared from hearing him swear.............

Few stops later,at Tanjong Pagar Road,a bunch of old men boarded the bus.WAH,goodness me..........the tirade started again.One of them was in a particularly bad mood.He kept swearing.To make matters worse,his voice was really loud,and it really affected me because I was reading and I couldn't concentrate because of him.

I think the whole bus can hear him.I was really pissed,felt like taking my book and knocking his head with the book.(It's hard-covered).Throughout the journey,I couldn't read because of him.When he finally got down,I felt relieved.I was free from those irritating noise.

And then I alighted..............I started to reflect on myself.When I got mad,I used a lot of those as well...........I didn't know the impact it had on others until today.I had been so inconsiderate when I swore loudly in public..........

So what's the lesson for me today?

It's to stop using those words ever again.Especially in public.I think I myself deserve a tight slap for affecting others.Recently I have been using less,maybe because my consciousness level has been growing.If you ask me a few years ago,what did I think of other people swearing loudly in public,my answer would be "I enjoy hearing them scold,when they scold,they sound funny and look funny."

It's until today that I really found it repulsive.God knows how many people I pissed off when I swore loudly in public.

Well,I just received a verse from God..............just got it............He says that "Power of life and death lies in the tongue.",which leads me to think of what kind of energy we give out.

You might realise this...........when you are with a certain person,you feel easily irritated,when you are with another person,you seem to feel at peace.Why is this so?

Let me tell you,it's because of the energy they give out.

Now,this may be interesting to some of you.Do you know that when you speak,you are actually giving out energy?It depends on what you say of course.If you say good things,you give out positive energy,when you say bad things,you give out negative energy.

And to go back to the verse that God just revealed,whatever you say actually creates your reality.

Speak good,attract good,speak negative,attract trouble.

I had an interesting discovery lately..........I found out that the places you go to actually affect your energy level.There are certain places that raises your energy level and other places that deplete your energy level.

OK,I can read your mind.........you want examples right?OK,here you are............The few places that I found to raise your energy levels are........
1)Churches(Especially during worship)
2)Any place that is prosperous(District 10 Private Housing Estates,High class hotels,Branded Goods Shops in Orchard)
3)Any place with good scenery.
4)The seaside when it's not crowded,where you can only hear the waves crashing.
5)Places where you feel abundant.

Now,time for the places that deplete your energy levels...............
1)Singapore Pools Betting Stations.
2)Coffee Shops where there are gossip.
3)Anywhere that's anti-prosperous(low class places where you hear all the swearing and people are rude)
4)Places where people are fighting against each other or somehow competing for something.
5)Places where you feel lack.
6)I think HDB estates fall under this category as well(I don't mean to look down on anyone staying in HDB estates,but listen to what I have to say later.)

OK,I'll justify my statement above................I'm sure you read about my visit to Bedok KFC.......Over my years of experience,I have noticed that when you go to Fast Food Restaurants at places like Orchard,Holland Village,Bukit Timah and maybe East Coast,the staff are more polite and give better service,as compared to those in HDB estates like Bedok,Toa Payoh and etc......

Why?I think there are a few reasons............let's look at the people.......what kind of behaviour the people staying in different areas have and we'll know why............

As you know,those staying in HDB are not as well to do as those staying in Private Estates.So when it comes to spending,they are more tight-fisted and expect more as compared to those who are more well to do.

The rich folks usually don't bother so much about getting free gifts,the portion of the food and other minor minor things.Usually if they demand,they pay.They are willing to pay for better service than to go to somewhere cheap and tolerate poor service.

On the other hand,the poor are not willing to pay much because they have a budget constrain.And when they do pay,they expect the maximum,and therefore the people serving get frustrated because these people demand but don't pay!I admit this,I hate cheapos.Maybe because I live in a abundant world.

I'll take this opportunity to share this quotes with you......
"Poverty is a state of mind,it's not how much you have."
"Prosperity is also a state of mind.It doesn't matter how much money you have in you bank account."

I'm not saying that everyone who stays in HDB estate is like that.But that's the general trend.The energy level at HDB estates are quite low.I personally don't like to hang around those areas for too long if I can help it.Not because I despise them,but because I got to make sure my energy doesn't get depleted.

Of course,HDB estates have cheap and good food.We can't deny that.In some instances,their standard of cooking is even better than the hotels.I think most importantly is we strike a balance.Don't condemn,but "protect" yourself first.

Places are the same as people.I'm sure you want to keep away from negative people as much as you want to keep away from places which sap your energy.

I have mentioned this before,you got to be "selfish" when it comes to your future and growth.

Since we are talking about all these energy stuff,let me share a story with you.........This might illustrate what do I mean by "depleting your energy level".

3 years ago,when I started my MLM business,I was to go to those monthly meetings.If you have been in MLM before,you would know what I mean.It was during those meetings that you learn how to sell products,how to recruit people and what are the current trends of the market as well as where's the top management of the company going towards.

I used to dread going for those meetings................back then I didn't understand why,I just hated to go to those meetings.I'll tell you what happends during the meetings so that you can get into the "feelings" of being there.

Meetings usually start at 7:30pm.Usually held on Tuesdays,every month.You are supposed to bring along prospects to the meeting.When you arrive,the leaders will ask you how many prospects have you brought along.

When you answer none,they will tell you it's ok.But their non-verbal communication tells you that "You can't make it!".You can sense the negative energy.......

You are supposed to pay when you attend the meeting.2 bucks if you reach before 7:30pm and 3 bucks if you reach after.During the meeting,you will hear all the high achievers.Trust me,it's always the same people.It's really lame.They are always the ones getting the stupid certs.

After all these crap,you have the product introduction.The leaders will share how good the product is and how scare it is now.Then you start seeing those "AH SOs",their eyes starting to shine,getting ready to go out and snatch up as many bottles as possible.

Then the leaders will tell you,it's ok if the product is out of stock,you can buy from them or buy from US.Then they can start earning money off you(OK,this is by me).And they'll start to question you why you didn't bring in the volume for the current month and why didn't you get any prospects?

Best thing is this,they never teach you how to do it effectively,how can they expect someone who has no experience to do it?They never tell you how to get more prospects,sooner or later your list will be burnt.

Next section is about the market trend.They'll start putting down other MLM companies,how bad their products are and how good we are compared to them.They'll tell you how they sacastic they were towards people from other MLM companies.Oh my God!You can imagine that kind of feeling...........

Almost 9:30pm.They stop for a break.This is the time when all the "AH SOs" start to rush out of the meeting room and start to ransack the hybid store of all the product mentioned in the meeting.Oh you should see them............

After a little talking cock here and there,they finally conclude the meeting at 10pm.The energy there is terrible,if you understand what I mean.Thank God I am out of there.........

Alright,we have come to the end of this post.Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home