Friday, December 08, 2006

Who Is My Best Companion?

Have you ever felt lonely?You probably have...

I used to feel loneliness.Until I realised that I have this companion who is ever with me.This companion always has my best interests at heart and always prevents me from falling into danger.

There are a number of instances where this companion protected me from trouble and made my many trips and outings very pleasant.I had found many good deals and enjoyed myself throughly everytime when this companion is with me.

At this time you may be wondering who is this companion...

Are you?

Well,how about giving an intelligent guess?

My wife?

My friends?

My family?

My brother?

You probably guess it's my wife.That's only half correct.True,my wife is a real blessing to me.I enjoy her company tremendously.But there are certain times when she's not around.

Well,this best companion is none other than...

My heavenly Father,the Almighty God.

Sounds pretty strange,I know.But it's the truth.He's my best companion.I wanted to share this for quite sometime.Until recently I felt the urge to share it.There are many Brothers and Sisters who have the impression that our Heavenly is a strict and stern disciplianarian(dunno if I spelt this correctly).

I used to think that way.Until one day,I came to realise that God is always looking out for our welfare.He's always wanting to bless us,always wanting to spend time with us,His children.His exceeding great love for us is limitless.

I'm sharing from personal experience because I think it's pointless to just say something without proof.One of the experiences was on the 30th June this year when I went to Kluang alone.It was a very blessed trip.There were many things which lead me to realise that God was guiding the whole trip.Refer to my entry on June 30th for more information.

The other times were during my trips to Penang.I didn't blog those because of time constraint.Let me share a few happenings there...

During my first trip,I didn't realise that the transport system in Penang was terrible.The bus services there were cock up.You never know if the buses are going to come.You can wait at the bus stop for 1 hour plus and the bus doesn't arrive.

At the end of the day,I had to take cabs to move around.I didn't realise that the cab fares there was so high.I panicked because the amount of money I brought along was quite limited.To make matters worse,the hotel collected 300 bucks deposit from me.

I ended up with around 100 bucks on hand.The cab rides cost around 25 bucks per ride.My hotel is located a distance away from the city area.I tried to walk,it took me 45 minutes to an hour.

Towards the end of the first day,I met this cab driver,Mamu at Komtar.Initially I wanted to go to Fort Cornwalls,but it was closed.Mamu recommended that I go to Batu Ferringhi.I agreed,but was considering due to the price.He told me not to worry,he'll give me a discount.

Throughout the journey,we became friends.He told me how difficult it is to make money as a cab driver.I empatised with him.At the end of the trip,he charged me a reasonable fare.I realised that I still had 300 bucks with the hotel.I told him to come and pick me up on the last day and bring me around Penang Island.

Since I had some extra cash,I can bless him with some business.He brought me to many different places on the island.I was indeed blessed.For that distance,I paid a more than fair price.

After that,whenever I went to Penang,I would call him up to pick me at Sungei Nibong bus terminus.

So what's God's role in all these happenings?I would say that I was blessed throughout the whole trip.Not only that one trip,all my 4 trips there were blessed.Even though I was alone,everything went very smoothly for me.He guided me to the places that were benefical to me.

Sometimes I worry over money,how to decide the best deal and other things like planning the different destinations to go to.Which order to go and etc...But I reality,I can just turn over everything to God.He will make sure things turn out for the highest good for me.

Let's talk about you...are you willing to let Him guide you?Not only in outings,but every area of your life.Now,I let Him guide me in every area of my life.And He has never let me down.

I'll like to leave you with this verse...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.(Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

Be mightily blessed.Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home