Thursday, April 12, 2007

Which Nintendo DS Game Can Increase Your Analytical Skills & Intelligence?

Believe it or not,playing video games can make you more intelligent.But at the end of the day,it depends on what kind of game you play.

Recently,I've gone crazy over this Nintendo DS game that I can stay up very late every night just to continue from where I stopped.Why do I get so "addicted" to this game?

There are a few reasons...

1.It increases my analytical power.
2.It makes me more sensitive to people telling lies.
3.It makes me more intelligent.
4.I become a more careful person.
5.You don't need to hear the whole story to get the full picture in certain situations.
6.It trains me to think fast in tough situations.
7.You'll learn how to cope with sudden changes.

And this game is...

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Justice For All

In this game,you play as a defence lawyer.Your role is to defend your clients for crimes which they did not commit.The witnesses will tell lies and you need to uncover the contradiction in their testimony.

If you say the wrong thing or present the wrong evidence,you'll be penalized by the judge.You have a life bar.Whenever you are penalized,a chunk of life is taken away from your life bar.Once all your life is gone,the game ends.

Let me share some of the benefits I personally gained from the game.If you know me well,you probably know that every weekend I have to fight battles.Every weekend is a political war.Enemies surround me,waiting for their chance to attack.

By playing this game,I realise that before people try to do anything,there's always a tell-tale sign.If you are able to spot the sign,you are able to tell what is going to happend next.You may not be able to 100% pin-point what your enemies are up to,but you'll get a rough idea.

Another benefit is that I don't need to know or see the full picture before knowing what my enemies are up to.Just by their conversations,I'm able to figure out what they are trying to hide.

ATTENTION GUYS:If you want to know whether anyone is lying,this is the game to train your sensitivity.I realise that women are more sensitive when it comes to catching liars.We men need to train up more.

Next,I learnt how to be more careful and thorough in checking things.Sometimes you need to check every single suspect to find the evidence that you need.Finding evidence is very important.Even in real life,without evidence,you can't nab the other party.

By playing this game,I gain the new ability of how to find evidence to nab my enemies.They are very smart in finding evidence to nab me.Best thing is they backstab without me knowing.But right now,I'm able to expose them easily.

If you are in a political enviroment like I am.Whether it's your workplace or family,this is the game to invest in!I highly recommend you this game.

Now,I'll share with you some tips on how to get the best out of the game...

Normally,we just play a game or read a book and after a while,forget about it.In order to get the best out of it,you should take it seriously.Study it.

How do you do that?Simple.Whenever you fight a case and you are stuck,don't go checking the hint book or gamefaqs.com.Try to think...think hard.What have you overlooked?The answer may not come immediately.But don't give up.

Worse come to worse,save your game,switch off your DS and go to sleep.When your mind is clearer,the answer will come.That's what I do.It works pretty well.If you really really really really can't get the answer,then go to www.gamefaqs.com to find the solution.

It may be a spoiler.But only read the part where you are stuck.Once you get past the area where you are stuck,then continue with the game.

After finding out the solution,ask yourself where have you overlooked.Once you are able to understand where you made a mistakes,the game becomes easier.During the first 2 episodes,I relied more on gamefaqs.com.From 3rd episode onwards,I was more on my own.

Next,when you are trying to find evidence,leave no stone unturned.Sometimes the least likely person is the one who committed the crime.

During the court session itself,you opponent will go all out to "kill" you.You'll have to deal with changing situations.Sometimes it seems that you are about to win the case,but suddenly your opponent turns the tables on you.This is so true in real life.There are many situations when we need to respond to changing circumstances.

The way to respond is to firstly be calm.If you are not calm,you can't think well.Same as in real life.When your enemies are attacking,remain calm and think about the options that are avaliable to you.

Once you do that,you are able to nail your opponent down easily by providing the correct piece of evidence.Even if it's not the correct piece,you are still able to make a close guess.

There are certain cases where you have to literally guess what is going on.It's during those times that your analytical power comes into play.Intuition plays a part here too.I sometimes rely on my intuition during the game.

One last tip...once you receive any new information from any witness or any new pieces of evidence,try to piece everything in your mind.See if you can "predict" what is going to happend.When you do that,you'll be able to guess and figure out what your opponent will do next.And also you'll be able to pin-point where the contradiction lies in the testimony.

Hope that you'll benefit as much as I did playing this game.Have fun!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home