Friday, June 15, 2007

Giving Others More Allowance & Being More Tolerant

2 weeks since I last wrote anything here.Plenty has happended.In fact,24 hours a day seem too little for me.There's so much to do yet so little time.

I had to work,and my dad had to go to hospital for an eye operation.Trust me,the hospital is not a nice place to be in.And I feel sorry for the doctors and nurses and at the same time appreciate them.They seem to have no life.The patients are never-ending.They don't even have the time to eat.

Anyway,recently something happended to make me think twice before getting impatient with people.I'm constantly on the move and I move fast.I get pissed when people block my way or somehow delay me for no good reason.

I can't seem to understand why people must be slow.Can't they be more alert?Can't they make way when someone is trying to pass through?

When I'm walking in shopping malls or along the street,if someone is obstructing me,I'll wait for a few seconds for them to realise I'm there.If they don't,I'll just push my way through.When driving along expressways,I really hate it when some idiots cut into the right lane(fast lane) and then travel at only 90km/h.

If I'm driving at 90,I'll move into the center lane.But usually I drive between 100 to 120km/h.Most of the time I'm in the right lane.And I get real irritated when an idiot in front of me is travelling at 80 or 90.

You can say that I'm a critical person.Because I have high expectations of myself.I expect people to be the same.I don't like to obstruct people and I always want things to be done fast.Never like wasting time.

But one day...I realised that I obstructed people too.But without meaning to.I had too many things on my mind.

One evening,I was crossing Boundary Road...I saw a car approaching.But thinking that the traffic light turned red,it would stop and I could cross.Despite the pedestrian light being red,I still crossed.

Because I was deep in thought,I walked very slowly.That car stopped for me to cross.But when I reached the other side of the road,I realised something...

The turning light was green,and that car was intending to turn.At that moment I felt really bad.I shouldn't have crossed.That driver was in the right.He could have sounded his horn.But he didn't.He probably gave me the benefit of the doubt that I didn't intentionally wanted to obstruct his way.

From that moment onwards,I started to become more patient and tolerant towards others.Sometimes we get angry with people for obstructing our way or delaying us.It doesn't affect the other person at all.But it spoils our day.

I learnt one thing...before getting angry with someone who obstructs your way,just think in this way..."Maybe he/she has something on his/her mind.He/she doesn't mean to obstruct my way.".

When you start thinking in this way,you won't feel so mad.And you become a more tolerant person.I have learnt my lesson.If you are also an impatient person like me,you might want to do the same thing as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home