Friday, June 09, 2006

The 2 Hours Where Wishes Came True

Time flies,today is the last day of my in-camp training.One more hurdle before I can relax.......the presentation.Just that only,and I am a free man once again.

I woke up at 0500 hrs cause I thought I had to go to camp myself today.0522hrs,my phone rang.It was my dad,he said it was going to rain in Jurong and to wait for him,he's coming back home to fetch me to camp.Bravo!I don't need to take the darn bus.It's a long boring ride.I have to take the train to Boon Lay and change to the bus.It's a 40 minute ride.

I was quite happy about it.The previous night I was thinking,wouldn't it be nice if I don't have to make my way to camp by train and bus.Thank God for answering my prayers.My dad said he was coming at 0630 hrs to pick me up.I made my way downstairs and got into the car.

Reached camp at 0700hrs.I decided to have breakfast first then explore the camp compound.Who knows,I might find some interesting toilets.Before heading to the mess,I was thinking in my mind,wouldn't it be nice if I could call up the person selling the food and tell him that I do not want any chili sauce on my Chicken Burger.

I reached the mess and ordered my food.5 Chicken Drumlets and 1 Chicken Burger.He told me that the burger is not ready yet,I must wait.Bravo!I told him that I wanted my Chicken Burger without Chili Sauce.I got what I wanted.

0712hrs.I finished breakfast.Now it's time to decide which part of the camp to explore.........towards the vehicle shed or towards the Camp2 cookhouse at the other end?Somehow or rather my body moved towards the Camp2 cookhouse direction.I was thinking,the buildings don't look that old,I might not find my toilets there.So I U-turned and went towards the vehicle sheds.

There was no one around...............whole place was very quiet.I walked around and tried to look for unrenovated toilets.I couldn't even locate the toilets,until finally after I walked a distance,I came across this shed,which is the toilet.Damn,the floors were large blue tiles.Renovated.End of the story.I tried to peek in and see what kind of toilet bowl they have there.3 cubicles of sitting new Potex.Sucks,I never liked sitting toilets,especially the new ones.

0725hrs.I decided to walk towards the Camp2 cookhouse.As I was approaching,I saw this large rectangular single storeyed building in the middle of the field,beside the cookhouse.It reminded me of the Belcher's Street Public Toilet in Sai Ying Pun,Hong Kong. Could it be a toilet?I wondered..............no,it couldn't be,I thought to myself.Perhaps it's some store.But the interesting thing is that there is no gate to the door.Just a wall in front of the door.It seems that this place can't be locked.I walked nearer................

I am a few meters away from the building now...............SUDDENLY,I saw cisterns!!!!!!!

HEY,THAT'S IT,IT'S REALLY A TOILET!!!I was so EXCITED!!!!Really really EXCITED!

I had to explore this toilet.I MUST DO IT!Before I leave this camp today!

I reached the toilet.............it's really big.20 cubibles,all in a row,stretching from one end to the other.There was another door at the other end.I looked at the toilet bowl.

AND IT IS....................

Squatting SP,final batch.14 of them were Squatting SP,final batch,6 were 1979-1981 Johore Pipe Co.For the difference,please refer to the pictures below.

By the way,all these were not the exact toilets I saw in camp today,but they are of the same make and model.


The one above is the 2nd batch of SPs,after the logo change.It's era is from 1982 to 1983.One of my favourites.


This one above is the 3rd batch of Johore Pipe Co.After the logo change.I saw 6 of these this morning.Era is from 1974 to 1983.
This is the 3rd and last batch of SPs,before Potex took over.If you notice,it's quite similar to Potex.The main difference is the flushing and the Brand.This is one of my favourites.It's era is 1983 to 1984.1985 onwards Potex took over.

It was really like a dream coming true,to be in a toilet with 20 cubicles in a row and 14 were one of my favourites.The only thing that wasn't so perfect was the cisterns,if they were Shires,then I would be super happy!

They were Pakai.The era is 1978 to 1983.I can conclude that these toilets were constructed in 1983.They sounded just like 22 years ago........it was like travelling back time.

But it's ok,I am very grateful that I could see these toilets today,that they are not yet extinct.I was in a rush,if not I would have flushed each and everyone of them.Thank God for this.Dear Heavenly Father,I just want to thank you today for showing me this paradise in camp.Thank you,thank you,thank you.In Jesus' Name,Amen.

After the flushing,it was time to go back for lessons.I made my way back,feeling very happy.Slowly the shit started to come................OK,before we talk about shit,what lesson can we learn from the toilet experience???

Anyone...................?

Hmm,I think I learnt 2 very important lessons..............

1) "Wouldn't it be nice......" is a very powerful phase to use.I used it 3 times this morning and got what I wanted.It's literally like magic.

2) Trust your intuition and body signs.If I had trusted my body,I might have found the toilet earlier on.Instead,I U-turned and walked towards the vehicle sheds which did not have what I was looking for.My intention is already set,that's why God is responding and guiding me.

OK,time for the obstacles.I was being ridiculed by Uncle Chia(Instructor) for cocking up as the Commanding Officer.You should know that I did cock up.Refer to yesterday's post.

Anyway,it doesn't really bother me.I'm immune to insults nowdays.Next was the presentation.I did a quick one because didn't have much to say.It was not very well received because it was on Network Marketing.

I made my point very clear in the beginning.I assured everyone that I am not going to prospect any of them.Completed the thing in 2 minutes and that's it.

Went for lunch.We had spagetti and Fried Chicken today.Great,that's why I ate.I never liked cookhouse food.If the food really sucks,I'll scan my card and just drink water.

1330hrs,we went back to the planning room for the last session.We had to do the debrief before we could leave.It was promised by Daune,our instructor that we could leave at 2pm.Everyone worked as fast as they could and presented all their points on the debrief.

A little introduction about Daune......actually today is the last time we'll see him camp as he will be ORDing in August.Kind of miss him.He was a great instructor,prepared a lot of notes and tutorials for us.We were allowed to go for breaks after every lesson.Besides that,he's always open to suggestions and tries his best to make our lives happy there.I appreciate this fine young man for all he has done for our group and other cyberwarrior groups.

He aspires to be a teacher when he leaves the army.Personally I believe he'll make a good teacher.He is able to explain the concepts in such a way that you are able to grasp them easily.I wish him all the best in his remaining days in the army and his teaching career.

Everything ended at 1430hrs.We left camp and went to Jurong Point Coffee Bean for a gathering.We had a great discussion about a great many things.It was great to be part of this group.We shared a common bond.Unlike my NSF days,there were politics all over.

It was a wonderful afternoon.There were laughter all around.We finished at 5pm as everyone started to make their way home to return to their civilian life.Khai Seng,Thong Hung and I made our way to the train station.We had a nice chat before they both got down at their respective stops.It was an enlightening session with Thong Hung,as he's already a father of 2 kids.

I learnt a lot from him about bringing up kids and family life.I think my wife will be quite pleased when I share these information with her.It's really great to try to know each and everyone of them individually.

I reached home at 1800 hrs.Had dinner with my mum,chatted a while,then went out to meet Kok Leong.It's time to plan for the following week.He hasn't finished the 25 headlines.I told him to finish it by Tuesday.He agreed.After our comparison of the headlines and after his dinner,we decided to make our way to the bus stop to see what nice buses came.................

9073 G came.We boarded it and took it to Bedok.I thought my favourite bus would come.It didn't.We waited for a while and Kok Leong took 25 back.I decided to take the train back home.

My mum was waiting for me to go with her for a walk.I agreed to go although I was tired.I promised her that I'll go yesterday,I hate to break my promises.We went for a short walk and sat down at MacDonalds for some food.

We walked back from another route.Reached home at 0000hrs.Wow,0200hrs is approaching soon.Time really flies.I hope you enjoyed today's post.See you guys tomorrow.God bless everyone.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home