Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tuesday 16th May 2005

Praise the Lord!For this wonderful day he had made.Once again,it's time for learning again.There was so much to be grateful about today.Why?You find out slowly.......Read on........

I started the day off not so well as I had been suffering from indigestion and cold last night.I woke up this morning at 5:30am with a blocked nose and an uncomfortable stomach.Well,it's partly my fault as I ate Mandarin Hotel Cakes before I slept and I think I did not munch them enough.I had a great conversation with my brother till around 8pm,he went off for swimming.I went back to sleep.............

The alarm clock rang at 0810 hrs.I still wanted to sleep cause I suddenly felt tired.I set it at 0835 hrs and went into a light sleep,doing visualizations as usual.Time seems to fly.It was 0835 hrs.I jumped out of bed and got ready to go to work.In my heart I was thinking.......I got to manifest a Dennis Trident again this morning.I held the desire when I was walking to the bus stop.But.............the was this fear in my heart.What if........what if it doesn't work?The what ifs kept coming into my mind.I tried my best to let go and they still came back.Finally I thought to myself,I don't care what bus comes,I'm boarding anyway.As usual,the what ifs kept returning to haunt me.5 minutes later,a single deck bus came.I didn't get what I wanted.I wasn't really disappointed,but more confused.Why was it so easy yesterday?Why did the what ifs keep appearing in my mind?Oh well,probably I should focus my mind on other things and just ignore the what ifs.I'll try again tomorrow and share the experience.

0910 hrs.I reached my work place.Today was rather quiet.Not much patients.No pretty one either.:P But still,I'm grateful for the peace and smoothness at work.Everything went well........

1230 hrs.Lunchtime.My mind was on what bus to take.I planned to eat Kway Chap at Albert Center Hawker Center.Suddenly had the craving.But where to eat it?The Hawker Center is always crowded and usually I won't be able to have a table to myself.(I want privacy when I eat).So I thought of walking to Peace Center to eat.Get the food packed up and just sit down on any bench and eat.When I walked out into the open air,goodness me,the weather is unbearably hot.I felt that I would melt if I walked to Peace Center.And to make matters worse,there was no bus from Peace Center back to my work place.

I reached Fortune Center and decided to settle there.I walked up,there were no benches,but only tables for the snack bars there.I went in,bought a drink and settled down to eat my lunch.After that I made my way back to work.

1400 hrs.Received an SMS from Kok Leong asking me about 9045 M.It has been donkey years since I last took that bus.But it was OK overall.In my mind I thought of 9054 L,which was the very last Leyland Olympian in the 9000 S to 9099 H range I took to complete collection of the bus tickets.Immediately another message came from him,asking about 9054 L,as it just passed him on the opposite direction.Speak of coincidence............

1700 hrs.Time to knock off.Went with my uncle to eat dinner.We went out with a friend of his,I nickname him the Bubble Dragon a.k.a. Pao Pao Long in chinese.Why did I choose that name?Because he looked a bit like the dragon in the puzzle bobble.Those who play the game can imagine how he looks.Hahaha.By the way,I'm good at giving nicknames.So try to be as normal as possible that I can't give any to you.Hahahahaha well......I was just teasing......

So we went to Beach Road to eat the Hokkien Mee.Cheap and good.Highly recommended.After that we went for a good drive around the Hougang area.I wanted to explore some toilets there.We reached there,I was pretty disappointed as all were renovated.But never mind.My uncle suggested we go to Upper Serangoon Shopping Center.Oh that place brings back childhood memories.My friend and I used to go there and flush the toilets for fun.There were many cubicles and it was one of my hobbies.But I remember that the toilets were refurnished.The flushing system was changed from the cistern to auto-flush.

I tell you,auto-flush sucks big time!!!It spoils the flushing sound.When you use a cistern to flush it,there's a climax and anti-climax.The sound is just beautiful.The auto-flush spoils it all by sounding monotone.Really sucky.But anyway,we went up to the 4th Level to walk around the shops.I decided to explore the toilets to bring back memories of childhood,and also few months back,I dreamt of that toilet on Level 4 and haven't been in it before.

SURPRISE!!!!!I saw the cisterns from outside.It can't be.......I couldn't believe my eyes.I remember so clearly last time it was changed to auto-flush.You can't imagine the joy I had.I saw my squatting Armitage Shanks.ALL INTACT,ALL ORIGINAL.Oh this is really cool.I went to flush every single one of them.It felt so good.As if I was reunited with my old old friends.After so many years......that familiar flushing sound........I felt young again.

After that,I went and explore all the toilets in that building.I realised that only level 1 was refurnished.All other levels were still the original.Praise God!I was so happy!!

1910 hrs.It was time to leave.We started to head towards Serangoon Gardens as there was a Russian Restaurant that my uncle wanted to go to.I was really looking forward to this.I have never tried any Russian food.We reached the place,but there were no parking lots.I didn't believe in defeat and looked around.I found a multi-storey car park.We went up,but it was really cram.I nearly knocked into the pillars because my car was very long.If you have seen a Mercedes S280 you'll know what I mean.My uncle had to get down and help me get out of the tight spot.Thank God that the car park wasn't crowded at that time.

Finally we parked and went to the restaurant.It's called Bosch Steakhouse.Go and try if you are in the area.We ordered set meals,with NZ Ribeye,and something called the Baked Alaska.Oh I tell you,it's really heaven.You got to try this!!Let me describe it.It looks a bit like the lemon merigue pie,with the burnt cream on the outside.The inside consists of thinly sliced cakes and 4 scoops of home-made vanilla ice cream.Before you eat it,the waiter will bring a small amount of wine and light fire on the wine.Once the wine catches fire,he pours it on the Baked Alaska.You can see a little flame there.It's a wonderful sight.I had 2 portions of it.Really good stuff.Praise God for all these wonderful stuff.

It was a great day.I came home after that.And here am I,blogging..........Stay tuned for more exciting stuff tomorrow.As a Son of God,we lead lives of super-blessings from God.Praise him for all the good he has done in our lives!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home